How are you ringing in the New Year?
When we think of a New Year, we think of things that we would like to do differently, do more of or try. And although there is much to be said about the celebration, there is also a spiritual side. Below, we are sharing a few different ways for a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year!
- Think of one word that describes the (hopefully) tone for 2018. Write it down and keep it with you so you view it daily.
- Remind yourself to be grateful Having a bad day? Spend a few minutes reminding yourself of all those good things that surely outweigh the bad.
- Take a relaxing walk – preferably alone. Use this time to simply be. Take in the sights and view your surroundings in a different light.
- Write a letter to yourself. Allow yourself to freely jot down how you would like to see both yourself and year to grow this year.
- And simply be kind. Incorporate one small act of kindness to your daily routine. It can be something so small that will definitely mean more than you think to other person.
For many, this is also an ideal time to clean and organize. There are many studies showing that people are happier and more productive in tidy areas. How do you prepare for the New Year. And check out our Bergen Linen page for food traditions.