In the Neighborhood…
If you have been to The Shops at Riverside lately, Papillon must have been one of the boutiques that draw you in. With it’s inviting cheery orange interior, this store cannot help but catch one’s eye. Step inside and you’ll find a whole lot more than simply clothing “eye candy” inside. Harun Rashidzada, the owner, is also the buyer for Papillon. He takes pride in his knowledge and lifelong passion for fashion. While the selections are consistently adapting to the clientele and ever changing fashion trends, you will always find the “classics” as well as also resort wear available.
Not Just a Boutique…
- Stylists rather than simply salespeople. When working one on one with their clients, they will attempt to get a feel for their customer. Information gathered will assist the stylist in building a custom wardrobe that suits the clientele’s lifestyle.
- Besides having a knowledge of style, Papillon’s helpful staff is well educated on the culture of the companies they work with. This kind of relationship between buyer and manufacturer reflects in the clothing offered.
- Gift Ideas? Whether you are ready or not, the holiday season is almost upon us. We simply love the “Ultimate Gift for the Man with Everything”. It is a custom made to measure kit. The receiver of this amazing gift is able to “design” their suit from fabric right down to the button selection.
- Have questions? Let Papillon offer their solutions on the proper way to tie a bow tie to any of your other style questions.
- In-store Concierge Service available. Harun and his well-informed staff regularly advise clients on the top restaurants, lounges, etc. in the area.
What are this fall’s top trends?
Three-piece suits (preferably double-breasted and in various tweeds)
Bold patterned and printed shirts with spread-collars.
From suit jackets to sweaters, you can find elbow patches making a comeback.
Dressed up “jeans” made from flannel and other “dress fabrics” with five- pocket styling.
Accessorize with items such as messenger bags, cuff links, driving gloves and the pocket square.
Hybrid jackets which make layering look easy.
Formal wear with jeans. It is being spotted among celebrities and other daring stylish gents.
Congratulations to Papillon on their 40th anniversary coming this November! With 40 years of styling expertise behind them, they are now servicing second and third generations. New generations mean being able to offer and adapt their clients over a broader spectrum. From the younger to the retired man, no one will leave unsatisfied due the countless suiting choices, knits, jeans and accessories. As Harun states and lives by, “Color is not seasonal.” Even with shorter days, we can still infuse light into our wardrobe. Visit Papillon at The Shops of Riverside and take a look at their latest arrival of colorful sweaters simply perfect for layering.
Harun and his lovely wife, Tammy Lynch
We would like to also congratulate Harun, Tammy and the staff of Papillon on their new location. On Memorial Day of this year, Papillon opened their newest venture in South Hampton, the heart of downtown. Resort-wear year around in the Hamptons…sounds like a perfect match to us.