During the months of September and February, New York shines a little bit brighter whether it is New York Fashion Week street style or the couture fashion hitting the runways.
Why is New York Fashion Week Important
Before jumping into the street style side of things, why is NYFW important overall? It’s not just an event. Fashion Week is a celebration of art, innovative designs, and self-expression.
- Innovation. Worldwide fashion designers flock to New York City to showcase their latest collection. Trends are born and boundaries are pushed.
- Diversity. Throughout NYFW, diversity is celebrated in all its forms. Various cultures, backgrounds, and styles converge to promote a continuous push to further promote inclusivity.
- Trendsetting. What you see during New York Fashion Week will dictate the upcoming seasons. Even if you aren’t a fashion designer collector, these trends spill into every price point. The whole fashion industry takes its cues and inspiration from these runway shows.
- Iconic. There is always a huge buzz – and it’s because there is sure to be so many iconic moments. Former super models, models making their special debut, avant-garde fashion, celebrity sightings…what more can you ask for?
- Inspiration. New York Fashion Week is the ultimate time to inspire fashion designers, future students, and fashionistas to express themselves through personal style.
New York Fashion Week Street Style
Yes, the elaborate (and sometimes minimalist) runway shows are awe-inspiring and something to talk about. Each runway show is captivated through fashion bloggers, news articles, and a flurry of photos. But what’s happening around the runway is also very alluring.
When NYFW rolls around, we are also counting down to see what people will be wearing to the runways shows. Street style is just as important – and sometimes even more so since it can be more attainable.