Think Green … it is not enough just to state you’re “Green”.
Over the years, we have fielded many questions regarding our responsibility to the environment, the solvents used, and other information. As a consumer, it is your right to know and we appreciate your concern as well. Thanks to technology dry cleaners are offered more and more additional ways to provide you with the highest level of garment care while protecting the Earth. And for that, we are thankful. Thinking ‘green’ has become a way of life for us. We are continuously looking at new ways to reduce our carbon footprint.
Here are just some of the ways we do our part:
- Cleaning solvents are recycled through state-of-the-art filtering and distillation equipment to meet EPA standards.
- Hallak Cleaners meets and exceeds clean air and safe water standards.
- Our team recycles paper and cardboard waste. Customers may also partake in a recyclable hanger program.
- We only use a completely safe and responsible method to collect and dispense any dry cleaning waste.
- Utilize the latest non-petroleum dry cleaning solvents.
- Assessed and updated our facilities to take advantage of energy efficient lights.
Our plant located at 172 Johnson Avenue in Hackensack NJ won the 2011 Plant Design Award (from American Drycleaners Magazine).
NJDEP Certificate of Environmental Stewardship
Hallak Cleaners was one of the first Green Earth Cleaners in the Metro area. As technology continues to make strides, we take great pride in staying knowledgable on the latest equipment and solvents available. A few years ago, we acquired the SYSTEM K4 which joins our other Earth friendly tools in providing you with the highest quality in fabric care.
Visit the GreenEarth links to learn about our favored eco-friendly process.
When it comes to commercial applications, we are all aware of how important is becoming to be “green” over the last decade or so. While it is important to be enviro-friendly, we also want to make sure that you are not be shorted in cleanliness. We go through extensive measures researching in new solvents, products and equipment that really provide the most optimum results.