Your wedding alterations and tailoring are only a phone call away. Both of Hallak Cleaners’ locations offer an unsurpassed team waiting to assist you; wedding tailoring, bridal alterations, repairs or restructuring are their specialities. Whether you require a simple hemline shortened or a full-scale remodeling, you will receive the utmost attention.
Furthermore, our tailors and seamstresses take great pride in their work especially custom bridal alterations and wedding tailoring. First, they recommend a conversation or in-person consultation. Typically, a first fitting or consult should be about three months prior to the wedding. (All alterations are priced by the actual work – not by the visits.) At Hallak, we provide the very best wedding dress alterations.
Without seeing you in-person wearing your garment, we cannot properly assess your needs. Additionally, it is also important that talented team sees your wedding wear’s structure. For example, some wedding gowns have boning; this may complicate the dress being taken-in. It can certainly be done, but this is something a tailor or seamstress would take into consideration.
Additional wedding fittings would be scheduled based upon the work being done and your schedule. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 832-0750 to discuss your specific needs. When wedding planning, Hallak understands it can be a stressful experience. However, you have us. Allow Hallak’s team of professionals walk you through the necessary step and answer all of your concerns.
A Few Wedding Alterations Tips Just for You
- Be sure to bring any and all undergarments and shoes to all fittings so the dress is altered to look exactly how you would like on your big day.
- Typically, your last and final fitting will fall 1 – 2 weeks before your wedding day. Bring with you whoever is helping you dress.
- For the most part, soon-t0-be married partners tend to shed a few pounds right before their actual wedding date. (Read: Stress!) With that in mind, it’s okay for your garments to be a little snug prior to your last fitting.)
- Depending on your level of comfort, you may opt to wear a bra or have built-in-ups sewn in.
- Keep in mind that appliques and ornamentation may restrict some hem alterations.
- Did you know that bustles are expected to hold about four to five pounds of fabric? Allow our seamstress to double-check existing hooks. For instance, your Hallak tailor may place a few precautionary extra bustles.
Rest assured your gown is in safe hands with Hallak. We work with top wedding groups such as Association of Wedding Gown Specialists, The Knot, Wedding Wire and more. Furthermore, Hallak is certified by Leading Cleaners Internationale as couture dry cleaner. Also, please don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!
Both our New York and Hackensack locations have tailoring departments. While it is not necessary to have an appointment, we do suggest calling (212) 832-0750 or emailing email@example.com prior to dropping by.