Travel Packing Tips
from your friends at Hallak Cleaners
When planning your next trip (business or leisure), packing may be one of the last things you think of. After all, there is finding the top restaurants, best beaches, where to shop and maybe a few tourist ‘traps’. Then, suddenly you find yourself in a rush to pack. Next, you are away and wishing you had brought this – and had forgotten that. We are here to help you breakdown exactly how to pack a suitcase properly. By using a few (or all) of these tips below, you will find navigating your next adventure that much easier.
- Choose the proper luggage for your trip. Take into consideration the length of your stay and mode of transportation.
- Review your itinerary so you will have the appropriate attire. Long travel time? Excursions? Beach/pool days? Night out?
- Take along with you double-duty pieces such as sarongs, yoga pants and camisoles
- Place the larger, heavier items at the bottom of your suitcase.
- Formal, dressier clothing should be folded and packed on top.
If possible, try to wear your bulkier clothing there and back; this will give you additional space within your suitcase. Also, do your best to choose lightweight layers; they take up less space, but you can also ‘build’ with them. Neutral basics are a great place to start- and then add a few bolder choices. Additional tips? Please feel free to share with us some of your trusty suggestions.