Thanksgiving Day 2019 is on its way!
Whether you are ready or not, Thanksgiving Day 2019 is almost here. For many, you are pros with preparing. While that’s not to say it’s easy, it means you have your system. For others, it’s a brand-new – and stressful- experience.
Here is a general last-minute / days-before- Thanksgiving checklist:
- Big fridge-cleaning. Make room for any dishes that will soon be prepared and needing a temporary home before being gobbled up!
- Double-check (or triple-check) that you aren’t missing any ingredients. You do not want to be running out last minute.
- Check on your defrosting turkey.
Tomorrow, you can take care of the following:
- Defrost pie crusts. Later in the day, you can make and bake. (Store as directed.)
- Mash your potatoes. They can certainly be taken care of a day ahead.
- Clean and dry off any greens. One less thing for you to do tomorrow!
- Dress your table. Table linens, centerpieces and place settings.
Hallak’s linen department will have your linens guest-ready. (And ready for the next spill! Don’t worry we will be here for you after the holiday as well!) Keep in mind that there are more holidays to come. Take out your tablecloths to inspect. Nobody likes these surprises! Schedule your pick-up or stop by today.